Here I am

A woman is like a tea bag: you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water - Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

And we have lift-off!!!!

I FINALLY got internet access in my room!!! For the past two days it felt like I was cut off from the world, even thou I checked my email at the computer lab in the dorm. Anyway, enough of that. On to wat's been happening in the last 3 days.
As y'all probably know, I arrived in Iowa on Sun. I have two words for the Iowa weather: HUMID and HUMID!! Even though the temp might not be so high, but because it is so humid you sweat all the time and basically feel limp. On the upside...the dorms are air-conditioned!! :D
There are 3 women in the program, and we are all sharing a suite. Which basically translates into 2 rooms sharing a bathroom. The other two are roomates, aka I have a room to myself!! In other words, the living arrangement are great! The dorm was built only 3,4 years ago, so its fairly new and in great shape.
Onto my work. This week is basically just orientation and figuring out what we will be doing for the rest of the summer. We have 1 hr meetings introducing us to the 3 different stats software, 3 days this week, and a couple of meetings with our mentors (which are full professors here at the Uni). So basically we have nothing to do!!
The fun will start next week, so stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home